Post Feed

Friday, October 4, 2013

Rubber Stamp Cleaner


After some serious research and trying different combinations, I have finally found a wonderful homemade rubber stamp cleaner. 

Using quite a few of the store bought cleaners, I had decided to try to find something a little less expensive and that would last longer.  Lets face it, I use a lot of ink, and different colors, and those roll on cleaners just were not cutting it anymore. 

So I have decided to share my combination with all my friends. Now, I have tested this out for a few months and I love it! The ink just seems to run right off and it does not dry out your rubber stamps either.  






What you'll need. 

1.  Simple Green.  You will most likely find this at Ace Hardware, or a Auto Part Store. 

2.  Pure Glycerin.  Walgreens, and CVS carry this in the beauty section.  Just make sure it is 100% Glycerin.  It is a clear, oily liquid. 

3.  Any spray bottle.

4.  A cleaning pad.  I used "Scotch Brite Dobie"  It will last a long time when scrubbing your stamps.  You can also find these at Ace Hardware, or the Dollar Store. 

5.  Distilled water. 

After you gather all your ingredients, add a 1:1 ratio of the Simple Green and distilled water into your spray bottle.  You then add two tablespoons of the pure glycerin and shake well.  The glycerin is what protects your rubber stamps from drying out. 



When applying the solution to your stamps, just spray, then dab excess off onto a paper towel.  You may have to do this a few times depending on how much ink is on the stamp.  Then using your cleaning pad, scrub the stamp a few times to reach in between the groves, spray a little more solution, then wipe clean. 

Voila! Clean Stamps. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment